Darrell J. Graham
Darrell Graham is a trial lawyer, co-founder and principal of Roeser Bucheit & Graham LLC. Mr. Graham litigates high stakes business matters and has been doing so for the last twenty-five years. He honed his trial skills at the international law firm of Perkins Coie and before that, as a principal with the complex commercial litigation boutique Grippo & Elden LLC in Chicago.
As a member of the Illinois Trial Bar, Mr. Graham has represented a wide range of clients in trials, arbitrations and mediations. On average, Graham tries one or two cases a year, along with arbitrations and mediations. He has also represented clients on appeal before the Illinois Appellate Court, the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, Tenth Circuit, and Eighth Circuit. During the course of his career, Graham has represented such well-known companies as The Tribune Company, WGN Television, American Express Bank, Hyatt Corporation, Kraft Foods Inc., AON Corporation, and CNA Insurance Company.
Mr. Graham, and all of the lawyers at the firm, understands that litigation can be expensive and disruptive to your business and personal life. That is why Graham approaches every case with an understanding and sensitivity to the economic realities of the situation and prides himself on providing every client with value driven results.
University of Michigan (1981) with an AB (Summa Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa) in Economics and Political Science.
University of Michigan Law School (1985)
Financial Services Disputes
Internet Advertising Compliance
Prior Law Firms
Perkins Coie, Counsel
Grippo & Elden, Principal
Law Office of Darrell J. Graham, Principal
State of Illinois
United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Tribune Company: Multiple antitrust matters involving distribution agreements; personal injury matters.
- WGN Television: Antitrust litigation involving the right to televise Chicago Bulls basketball games on WGN in contravention of NBA rules; other commercial litigation matters.
- American Express Bank: Class action defense of currency conversion.
- Hyatt Corporation: Multiple commercial litigation matters.
- CNA Insurance Company: Commercial fraud and ERISA cases involving the theft of $18 million in pension funds.
- AON Corporation: Litigation over violation of non-competition clauses.
- Kraft Foods, Inc.: Multiple litigation matters involving internet advertising, commercial bribery, and breach of contract.
- Buy.com: Litigation over the collection of sales tax in Illinois.
- Franchise Litigation: Represented Fortune 500 franchise company in national dealer network litigation.
- Construction Litigation and Property Development: Represented multiple clients, both builders and developers, in litigation over commercial and residential property development.
- Intellectual Property Litigation: Represented multiple clients in litigation involving software development, licensing, copyright and trade secret issues.
- Financial Services Litigation: Represented clients in broker-dealer arbitrations and in disputes with various exchanges.
- Advertising Litigation: Represented clients sued by recipients of fax and email advertisements under Federal and State laws governing fax and email advertising, including the CAN-SPAM and Telephone Consumer Protection (TCPA) Acts.
- Estate Disputes: Represented clients in trust and estate litigation.